Energy usually is not a top management priority, but a smaller carbon footprint saves money and supports company image and customer loyalty. CHP generation is already established to co-produce electricity and process heat, and new opportunities arise as costs of renewables continue to fall. PV is easy to deploy, matches the profiles of cooling and electric vehicle charging and thus allows high self-consumption rates and attractive returns.
Existing energy management solutions are limited to few flexibilities and peak clipping. Results of EU research projects suggest, however, that around 50% of total consumption in industry can be flexible, so its use would allow industry adapt its consumption to RE availability. New solutions are needed to realize this value while maintaining industrial productivity.
We help overcome the limitations of traditional energy management be moving intelligence to the controllers in charge of each individual process. With little extra code they can react to energy scarcity by delaying consumption, start processes earlier if energy is abundant, or not react if that would negatively affect their process. This allows integrating more flexibility and smaller loads as cost per unit is reduced, allows real time optimisation and greatly simplifies changes or addition of processes. We also develop and supply solutions to create local energy markets for optimized self- consumption, reduction of grid fees, or both. We offer know-how transfer to suppliers of energy management systems, of industrial processes with high flexibility potential, or operators.
- Cost-optimized management of an unlimited number of participants in a local energy market
- Step by step migration to high shares of renewables, and from few selected participants to a complete roll-out
- Harmonized operation of grid physics and market functionality
- Self-stabilising operation and robust ICT ensures security of supply
- Create local added value and qualified employment
- No need for expensive and complex infrastructure
Please download our brochure here and contact us with your requirements!