The traditional way electricity is organized does not work for islands and isolated systems: It is impossible or too costly for them to connect to a transmission system, or the connection capacity is limited and may even be interrupted. So they rely on decentral organisation and local generation, and climate protection allows them to combine political objectives with massive cost reductions: At least 100 €/MWh can be saved if fossil fuels are replaced by renewables and electric storage by customer flexibility, ensuring required ROI and short breakeven time. Security of supply is also important and requires grid stability and resilience. Given the decentralized nature and size of available flexibility (from household water heaters, HVAC equipment and electric vehicles to commercial, infrastructure and industrial loads), a local energy market is the preferred way to manage such systems. New solutions with real-time performance that avoid the complexity trap can ensure their stable and robust operation.
We provide operators of island/isolated energy systems with the necessary technology and know-how to realize an energy market platform. This allows them to install an efficient electricity trading platform at low cost and with easy access for their customers, and to operate it with high efficiency and resilience. We will support its stepwise evolution from their existing system, and transfer our know-how to ensure it can be operate under full local control. We are also open to integrate our competences with others into comprehensive solutions.
- Cost-optimized management of an unlimited number of participants in a local energy market
- Step by step migration to high shares of renewables, and from few selected participants to a complete roll-out
- Harmonized operation of grid physics and market functionality
- Self-stabilising operation and robust ICT ensures security of supply
- Create local added value and qualified employment
- No need for expensive and complex infrastructure
Please download our brochure here and contact us with your requirements!